Thursday, January 29, 2015

Writing about Writing and Nest Competition

I have joined a critique group led by Jane Resh Thomas, Kate DiCamillo's, mentor.  I'm hoping maybe a little something will rub off, but it's more likely the great group of writers that have joined me that will help me improve my writing.

I learned today that a pair of bald eagles and great horned owls in Decorah, Iowa are fighting over the nest that was built by the eagles.  This nest happens to have a camera on it and a fight between a great horned owl and an eagle was caught on the camera.  Great horned owls don't build their own nests, so they planned on taking over the eagles nest.  An eagle actually tried to defend the nest in the middle of the night.  Who knew eagles are awake in the middle of the night.  It is like a soap opera.  Check it out at: http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

No comments:

Post a Comment