Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Urban Coyotes

My husband was lucky enough to see a coyote in our yard the other day.  He had to call me at work and tell me the exciting news.  Most people don't even know coyotes are sneaking around our urban neighborhood.

Sometimes at night your can hear a pack of them yowling.  It makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.  It's truly wild.

I would love to and have thought about writing a children's book on coyotes, but Cheryl Blackford, whose in my writing group, has beat me to it.  I know that doesn't mean I couldn't, but it just wouldn't feel right.

Instead I will share the information about her beautiful book with you.  It is called Hungry Coyote published by the Minnesota Historical Press and will be out in May.  The text is poetic and the artwork is gorgeous.  It is about a coyote's life throughout the year in an urban area.


         




No comments:

Post a Comment