Saturday, February 8, 2014

Love is in the Air

When I stepped outside this morning I thought the temperature felt a little warmer.  A few birds were singing and the crows sounded like they were haranguing something.  Sure enough, I stepped sideways to get a better look and there sat a pair of red-tailed hawks side by side in a tree.

This is the time of year red-tailed hawks start their courtship and soon the females will lay eggs.

There is a power line right-of-away and a drainage pond a house away from me and I'll be delighted if the red-tailed hawks choose to nest there.

I tried to get a photo of the two love birds together, but a low-flying helicopter chased one off.  Oh well, they were a bit of a day brightener and a small break from cabin fever.

It's hard to believe it was actually a five degrees below zero morning when I looked at my thermometer.

Here is one of the red-tailed hawks that frequently sits on the power pole in that right-of-way.


No comments:

Post a Comment